Thursday, March 15, 2007

Tiny Plush















Here it is, the smallest plush I've made to date. It was created for the Medical Experiments Toy Show which opens Mar 17th in Asheville, NC. It has been a drag packing and shipping larger ones that I've sent off , so I figured let's keep this one small. I started making These painted plush things a couple years ago more as an experiment in cheap and quick sculpture than for a love for padded forms and soft things. Weird thing is though, there is a giant subculture of artists and crafters making sewn, knitted and plush creatures out there. I've sort of fallen into a couple art shows entirely themed around or at least loosely based on plush as an art form. One such show, "Plush You" at Schmancy in Seattle, WA Has even spawned a book tie-in published by North Light Books which should be out in November. I have a tutorial in the book so you will have to wait until then to find out how I make these things.

No comments: